All curriculums provide stimulating paths to intellectual, Christian and physical growth, from early childhood development programs and elementary school, through 8th grade.
- Disciplines include traditional subjects such as reading, writing, mathematics, language skills, science, social studies and foreign language. Bible study and weekly chapel attendance raises Christian awareness and growth.
- Extracurricular and personal development subjects include art, music, band, computer proficiency, physical education, health and community service.
Gifted and Talented
Every teacher in Kindergarten through 8th grade are certified as gifted and talented (G/T) instructors.
Pilgrim Lutheran School maintains fully accredited academic programs through the following agencies.
- Texas District, Lutheran Church Missouri Synod, National Accreditation
- Texas Private School Accreditation Commission Texas Education
- Licensed by Texas Department of Family and Protective Services
The Cognitive Abilities Test is given to grades 1st, 3rd, 5th, and 7th. The abilities measured are verbal, quantitative, and nonverbal. Grade based National Percentile Ranks indicate the relative position of a student compared with other students in the same grade. These scores are reported with the Iowa Test of Basic Skills scores.
The Iowa Test of Basic Skills (ITBS), given to Kindergarten - 8th grades, is a national standardized achievement test. The test provides for the comprehensive measurement of student growth in the basic skill areas of vocabulary, reading and mathematics. Because the test is standardized, we can estimate how Pilgrim students compare academically with students across the country. By giving the ITBS, teachers, as well as students and parents, can learn about the student’s academic progress in areas that are not always indicated on report cards and daily work.